Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Friday, September 18, 2009

3 Commissions

Here are 3 commissions I did. I'm a little rusty.. but I did my best. I've been out of the loop with drawing caricatures for a while.

All Drawn In: Corel Painter with my wacom.

I notice that when someone gives me too many photos of themselves showing different ages, weight, hair changes, etc. It tends to throw off the perception of what they look like. It sort of goes the same way for family members. If you draw your parents or siblings for instance.. it becomes a bit difficult to determine the look, because in your mind.. you've seen them in so many different ways and your brain is fighting against the way they look now. I till this day still see my little brother as being 3 years old... though now he's like 16. lol.
yeah.. they wanted their car to be in a style to the movie cars. So.. this is what I ended up with.

I know, I know I've gotta practice more. Well, believe it or not.. I would.. but I can't now..

cause I just got more work with the "Father's Blessing" for those children's books. So.. I guess it's back to the drawing board on those for while. I'm not complaining at all! I do love drawing cutesy animal characters & playful plush backgrounds. It's fun & cool because you actually get to learn a whole lot in the process. It forces you to really push yourself in the areas you are not used to.

Drawing model sheets, changing perspectives (from the standard caricature view point) & trying to emulate exactly what the writer of the story wants is certainly a challenge for me. But I love it because by the time I reach the end of each illustration, I get to joyfully sit back & stare at the picture I worked so intensely on.

Suddenly, the satisfaction sets in. The reality of all that hustling, foreboding & the tension of hardwork that was put out has finally established.. and the result is a beautiful peice of artwork! :)

Seeing it in color is a joy in itself as well. After all of it is finished.. (the books) the greatest part that I see in it will be the one thing that the majority of ppl. in this world care the least for.. and that is, the gratification I'll have for being able to work on something that lasts not only in this lifetime.. but throughout all Eternity, for the Glory of God.

Yes, I do enjoy seeing a smile come out of someone I do a caricature for.. and I do enjoy creating a gift that some one can keep.. but using a talent God allowed me to possess & serve Him with by helping His kingdom expand.. is satisfying on all levels that I wouldn't even be able to describe into words.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love LOVE the one with the girl! They're all so beautyful and creative! >.<

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thank you so much for such nice comments! Im really glad you like them :D
Sarah :)

ANIMATOR said...

BEAUTIFUL & YOUR A POET TOO!
IM LOVING THE CAR CAR!! SUPER DUPER CUTE STUFF! GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!