Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

side caricature work

okay.. this one was a request to do a bunch of students in a classroom with the teacher reading a book. I had to draw small versions of @ least 5 of the kids. I don't really enjoy drawing small people caricatures from photos.. but I did the best I could.
This 2nd one has a keyboard teacher with a student singing. The kid's photo.. I don't have. (sorry)

Another teacher.

I didn't really feel like scanning the photo in.. LOL! Takes too long... and I'm a little busy at the moment... the others I got thru via-email. But this one I promise you.. I did a lot better on the likeness then I did on the others. ;D hee-hee.

Below, the likeness was a bit poor on this one.. maybe I could've rounded off the head more.. rather then square it off... but I post these.. so that I can learn from myself... if not, from others. I have to live & learn, try & fail and/or succeed. Not only that but the body situation was a rip-off off of Brian Wright's. I didn't seem to do as well... as my own beach body that I regularly do. Next time.. I'll draw my own version. I have some samples, in some of my earlier posts on here. I just like trying other people's styles... Once in a while.. it's good to get out of your own comfort zone.

This last one I was very happy with. Though, in the photo.. I couldn't see the top of her head... but I managed to make it up. ;) All in all, I was happy.

2 comments:

JimmyPereira said...

Theres is some very tasty work here, Esly! You did a superb job on the color teacher/kids pic. You wrapped the supporting characters (the kids)around the main subject very well. I'm loving the expression on the crab going into the pot! heh heh!!

Tim Gardner said...

Wow, I keep forgetting how excellent an artist you are... The likenesses are perfect, and of course the line work... OK, OK, I promise to remember you're a great artist! ...lol