Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

What an honor. :o)

okay.. I don't know if anyone heard.. (I've only told about 2 of you) but recently about 2 weeks ago, after I lost my job.. and received some freelance work online, "Ray Comfort" contacted me from "W.O.T.M", & asked if I could do some work on a new gospel tract for the ministry. I felt it was an enormous honor to do so. I'm not sure if anyone's heard of the older "Celebrity Intelligence Test" If you have heard of it or seen it.. I'm now working on a newer version of it. It's really awesome!!! This was due to the recent caricature I did of Ray.. (some friends of mine on myspace... kept trying to send it to their radio station & stuff. They're funny.)

One of the 1st people to contact me, was (believe it or not), Kirk Cameron's Mom, "Barbara Cameron". I met her once before at a "Transformed" event in Georgia.. right before I moved-out here to Australia. That was truly a Transforming event! The title MEANS what it says!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the new "Deeper" conference unless they come out here to Australia. I'm hoping that they will be able to have it available on DVD or something. "Paul Washer", will be there... and I've always wanted to be able to see him preach live. He is so HUMBLE, so DEDICATED & SOLD-OUT to Jesus.. that nothing else matters in comparison. It's rare to meet anyone like that these days.

So.. back to what I was saying.....

I'll be working on that for the next few weeks or more. There are going to be about 6 of them.. & are all going to have that digital-painterly look. Here's a sneak-peek at one of the celebrities. I probably won't show the rest till I'm done. Sorry.. I don't mean to be a tease! lol. I've done an animated gif of it.. so you can see how I worked on it little by little. As you can see.. it takes a lot of time and patience. Which is funny.. cause I just did a caricature gig today ((It was sooo much fun! But unfortunately, I forgot my camera.. sorry!)) and.. well, I had to get back to drawing fast & simple rather than steady & taking my time. What a difference! I guess both ways are great practice to help keep you on your toes. Anyhow it's an honor to do something big for the body of Christ. I know there are many who don't understand that, and think I'm a bit nuts.. but man... I'm telling you, if you could experience the things I've experienced in my life... you'd totally get me.

8 comments:

Keelan Parham said...

This is awesome! What a great piece, and a wonderful opportunity! Praise God for all He has done!

Esly Carrero said...

yeah.. It's great! God is good! (For sure!) Thanks Kee. ;)

Anonymous said...

Very very good work :)

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL. I love Ray and Way of the Master. It is a good blog you have here. I am adding you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

I get the WOTM email update, so I followed a link to you. You are so talented. Praise God! You areusing the talent he gave you to glorify him. My daughter Collyn, loves to draw too. I sent her a link to your blog-
I can't wait to see the new Stuff you are working on for WOTM. God bless you Esly!

Esly Carrero said...

Thanks Dale, I appreciate it.

and.. Justin.. thanks, your a gem! I saw your blog too. It's awesome. When I get more time.. I'll have to update my blog roll too & add you.

truth4nothing, thanks for finding me! Does Collyn have a blog too? If she doesn't she should! I'd love to see her artwork! :) Tell her not to hide her talents!

I'll be posting them as soon as I can. Speaking of work, I need to get back.. to it so the Lord will be glorified! :) Thanks guys.

Frank Zieglar said...

Just read it on the WOTM newsletter. Congrats!

I do caricatures up here in San Antonio and used to work with Mike Duron before he moved to FL to work with KP and y'all.

Great Irwin, BTW!

Spence Ohana said...

That's wonderful Esly...I'm glad to hear that Ray gave you some freelance work. I can tell you're thrilled. Keep up the good work, you're so talented!