Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

uhh... ah-well. no more new job. lol.

That title pretty much sums it up! The work was actually fun while it lasted. It seems that a few people got released quickly (including me). I personally believe they were just paying for cheap labor while they could. Of course there are politics with every job too.

I felt over worked anyhow. 12-14 hours is just too much for a person like me! In my (before Jesus days), I would have down-talked, gossiped and said a few things about certain people there... but, as a transformed christian.. I've grown up, and I have learned to hold my tongue and love those who persecute people like me despite the circumstances.

So.. anyhow.. that was a overrated-overworked 3 weeks... if I must say so myself. I sort of need a vacation after that. lol!

I have to say in that little time, I learned more about dealing with hardcore-harsh-unbelievers more than I ever have in my entire life. That was quite an experience! I have a couple freelance jobs lined up (and I praise God for it) so that will keep me busy for a while. In the mean time... thanks for the support that many of you have given me through blogger, myspace and email. I appreciate it!

Despite all that happened, (which is quite a long dramatic story) I feel VERY relieved and VERY at peace and honestly VERY happy with all the results believe it or not! :D woo-hoo!!!!

okay.. gotta get to work here at home! I'll be in touch!

2 comments:

Keelan Parham said...

NEVER understood why you were working such a job anyway, Esly. For goodness sake, draw caricatures again! Advertise for parties, festivals, conventions....sound like you've got little to no competition over there. You can certainly make a lot of money doing it on your own there...


Get off your tail and do it! Or am I going to have to come all the way over there and give you a kick in the pants to get you started? Don't make me do it....

'cuz I just might!

Love ya, girl!

Kee

Esly Carrero said...

Thanks Keelan. I know. :) I've thought about it... believe me. But I've gotta learn the connections. So far I have two great ones.

As I keep getting gigs here and there.. I plan on maybe expanding into a business. I'm hoping to encourage an extra artist that I know here to do them with me. But, her confidence is low at the moment. I'll keep pressing on though despite the circumstances.

One step at a time. David and I just bought a house we will be moving into in October. We're a bit cramped at the moment in the place we're in. With the extra room maybe I can build some sort of advertisement stand. We'll see!

Thanks for your encouragement! It means heaps coming from you! :D

Luv,
Es.