Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ray Comfort Digital Painting

Well, I was messing around with "Corel Painter".. cause, well.. there's no other reason other then the fact that I wanted to do some practice on digital painting. This is just one of Ray Comfort, a christian evangelist I enjoy listening to (for those who don't know). The last time I did a digi-caricature-painting.. was back when I painted, "Lar" (another NCN member).

This is the final version. I noticed later.. I could've made his shoulders smaller... cause he's a little guy & also his forehead wider too... But.. I'm too lazy to go back to it. I wanna paint something else. lol.


This is obviously the photo I used for reference.


I figured I could also show you how I started from scratch. I sketched it a few times before I found the "LIKENESS" then the "SHAPE" that I wanted to use. Finally I "BLOTCHED IN THE COLORS" making it look sort of like a sculpture.. and then.. painted over it with more details like, "softening & blending", adding "DEEPER COLORS" & "DARKER SHADOWS". Then, last.. I just added some shoulders, neck details, shirt/buttons/jacket and scruffy-ness to his face & neck.

4 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

LOL looks so much like him. Great job!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!
This painting is really awesome, that is the cutest nose I've ever seen!
Looks like you pasted in the shirt and jacket..
Adorable!!!

Esly Carrero said...

haha! thanks you guys! (I mean girls) lol!

yeah.. the shirt & jacket took a while to do. But.. I eventually was able to do it. I made up some of it.. cuz it wasn't showing in the original photo. I'm glad to be done with it though.. it took 4 ever! :)

The MudSkipper Show said...

Cool. I love Ray too.