Cuss words (mild or abbrev.), blasphemy, URL’s (website addresses), incivility, obscene gestures on avatars
or failure to give the name ‘God’ or ‘Jesus’ capitals, will be deleted
.

Friday, June 18, 2010

In Memory of Michele Nichols - R.I.P. (28 years old)

Shocking Sad News from my old job. :( A friend of mine just passed away last night.

I'm glad I got to see her one last time on my last visit earlier this year about 3 1/2 months ago. Though, it was so short. Here are some photos I got to take with her & some of the other cc'rs (Caricature Connection Team).
When she started over at CC... it was always fun to work with her & at gigs too. She was always so honest & kind to everyone around her. And always light up the room. She'll be greatly missed.
This is a photo of Michele, Mike Duron & LuAndra at a caricature gig.
Below was the memo I our boss, Keelan Parham, from Disney wrote:
CC Gang...

I just don't know what to say.

A few hours ago I received a phone call from a former CCer, Laura Bonacquisti. Barbie and I have been reeling in disbelief for the last few hours. Laura, you see, was a former roommate and very close friend of beloved CC Lead Michele Nichols. If you've caught the national News today, you know that a small plane went down late last night in Minnesota. Michele was on that plane.

She did not survive. Her family graciously asked Laura to contact us and Michele's entire CC family. Michele was our newest, and proudest CC Lead, and an amazing, incredible artist. But beyond that, she was an amazing, incredible person. I am so glad to know that she was a fellow born again Christian and I have the assurance of seeing her again soon.

Laura has promised to keep us all updated on the funeral arrangements. Barbie and I are absolutely shellshocked. Our condolences go out to her entire family, especially her Dad, our friend Randy Nichols.

Randy was the music leader at a church Barbie and I attended for a few years and an all around amazing, gifted musician. I will never forget being at a gig at the Grand Floridian a few years ago, when Randy jumped off the stage ( he was there with his band, performing) after a set was done, and proceeded to make his way to where we were set up drawing caricatures. It was a large event, and we had many artists there. He spoke to someone, and they referred him to me. Not recognizing me from church, he asked how someone got a job doing this, drawing caricatures. He told me he had a daughter that was a really good artist. I gave him my name and number, but figured I would never hear anything back from it.

Two months or less later, his daughter, Michele, started at CC. I will never forget her smile, her rapport with guests, her spirit. After several years with us, it was obvious that Michele was one of the best and brightest CC had ever had the chance to work with. So her promotion to "Lead" status was long overdue. She seemed so proud of becoming a Lead, and we were so happy to have her in that capacity. I only wish it had lasted longer.

Everytime Barbie or Ted does the schedule, they will miss her. Everytime I work a gig, I'll be looking for her to come around the corner.

We love you, Michele.

We will see you soon.

No comments: